Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Our music trip to Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra (APO) Te Manu Ahi Concert!



On Wednesday 22nd October 30 lucky senior students were picked to attend this year’s APO Kiwi Kaper’s concert at the Aotea Centre, right in the heart of Auckland city. These lucky students were…




Back Row: Sila, Josephine, Anna, Deschanel, Ashley, Galuso’o, Shalah-Maye, Thyrell, Latrell, Jase, Denny, Harmony,
Second row: Saumotu, Lata, Bayley, Daniel, Makatama, Sunema, Lilo, Denvah, Marcus, Joseph
Front Row: Melevasi, Nane, Awhiana, Olive, Lylah, Sally, Jennifer, Jean-Marie
Teachers: Miss Tipelu (left), Miss Nicholson (right) Mrs Childs (Photographer)

Thank you APO for giving us such a memorable experience……
 
“What I loved about the trip was when the school students performed and the instruments went quiet then went BOOM - that surprised me. Thank you for taking me to the best music trip”
– Makatama (Room 19)

 “My favourite part was the dancing part because I loved how they expressed themselves and how every one of them made the scene come to life which was great. Also what I loved was when the orchestra were helping the dancers with the music so the dancers can hook in their audience because that is what the dancers and orchestra did to me which was fantastic. I think they all did an incredible job and maybe one day the dancers could be professional dancers” – Shalah-Maye (Room 14)
 


“To be honest the concert was awesome. I really loved the way the host Owen interacted with the audience using his body language to lure us into the depth of the program. Also I fell in love with the characters and performers part of the dance group because they used facial expression. It really melted into the mood of the song and did not mind about the gender mix. What knocked my socks off was the way the New Zealand Opera person sang out loud with confidence and spoke in a different language. That was the first time I’ve ever heard the German language before. And one thing I learnt from the opera singer that inspired me was that he didn’t mind the large audience or how nobody understood him he sang with pride” – Jennifer (Room 13)


“I enjoyed when the kids were performing while the orchestra played, especially when the older boys held the little kids, dressed up in yellow, and put the little cute kids onto some of the others kids feet while they were lying on the floor. I liked this because it looked like they were forming flowers that were going to pop open” – Anna (Room 18)
 

Thank you APO and Atamira Dance Company for inspiring us to be great musicians, dancers and performers right now at school and in the future.
 

 




No comments:

Post a Comment