Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Taekwondo



YENDARRA IS PUNCHING AND KICKING TOWARDS SUCCESS
We have had the privilege of learning Taekwondo through a Kiwisport funding initiative so we appreciate the many who have helped to make this possible.

These are our stories of triumph, learning and challenge.

I have really enjoyed breaking boards by doing high-kicks.

I have learnt that Taekwondo isn’t just about self-defence it is also about RESPECT.

It was challenging doing plyometric stances with our knuckles, it HURT SO BAD.

I really enjoyed learning new words in a different language and working at 150%.

I have learnt that there is a strong part to your foot that is used for kicking to break boards.

It was challenging when we had to put our hands up and keep them there for a long time.  

 I think I was one of the first kids to put mine down.



A final thank you to our Coach and Teachers


Taekwondo
Has helped me to
Achieve a
New
Kicking
Stance



No comments:

Post a Comment