Monday, September 19, 2016

Otara Schools Rugby Tournament

We are the Champions!


Friday 2nd September was a historical moment for Yendarra being crowned winners of the Otara Schools Rugby tournament for the third consecutive year in the Open boys’ grade. Our girls were also very impressive on the day coming first equal with Sir Edmund Hillary Collegiate and after not being able to play a semi-final point differential was taken into consideration with our school losing by 1 point difference. 



To celebrate the success and allow our children to hold this success with them into other areas of the curriculum our children wrote recounts to remember that great moment of feeling like champions.


Running as fast as I could chasing my opponent from the other school I tackled the player out of the field. I saved a try that allowed us the win because I wanted to defend our title of being crowned Winner of the Otara schools rugby competition for 2016.
John-Paul Room 12

I ran as quickly as I could to support my team’s hooker and did my best to bridge and protect the ball so that others in my team could pass the ball on to our fastest runners. Unfortunately our team knocked the ball on and we had to form a scrum and then defend. I was feeling exhausted but knew I had that this win would mean we would be champions.
Narosah Room 12


We are so thrilled with our success and know that we have future All Blacks and Black Ferns growing for future years because of whanau support from home and the dedicated coaching by Mrs Natasha Toki-Mautairi and Mrs Jazmin Greig as well as the management on the tournament day of Mrs Ta’a Pritchard.


No comments:

Post a Comment