Monday, March 28, 2016

Fiafia 2015

FIAFIA 2015

Dance is the hidden language of the soul and Yendarra School has recently experienced the love that can be shared through cultural song and dance.

This year we celebrated everything ‘grand’ at Yendarra by hosting our Fiafia event at the Otara Leisure Centre with an amazing number of special guests, families and musicians.

Our children were the super stars and shining stars that ignited a flame that would light up the hearts of many for a long time and this is their story….

On Wednesday 9th December 2015 from 12noon the senior students and teachers prepared Fiafia day at the Otara Rec Centre to celebrate the year and fill people’s hearts with happiness. I felt very proud of everyone who attended the Fiafia day. By: Nora

I really enjoyed performing at Fiafia because I liked representing my dad’s culture – Cook Island. I had fun making people smile and I enjoyed the opportunity to talk in front of a massive crowd. I hope the next generation of us make Fiafia even better than this year so all our parents and special guest feel happy to watch Yendarra perform again!. By: Shalah-Maye

We THANK OUR FAMILIES AND SCHOOL FAMILY

for joining us on our best day ever!





No comments:

Post a Comment