Thursday, June 11, 2015

Basketball

Senior students have been lucky enough to have basketball coaching this term with Coach Manu and Aja.  We focussed on skills such as running, changing direction, pivoting, throwing and catching as well as shooting.  The coaches used heaps of fun drills and games to help us learn the correct skills and techniques.  Check out our skills in action.

Dear Coach Aja and Manu,
I am writing this letter on behalf of Room 20 to say thank you very much for the great basketball skills you have taught us at Yendarra School this term.
I really enjoyed learning the awesome basketball techniques and skills because it will be handy for our upcoming after school tournament.  I also enjoyed playing the game ‘Golden Child’ because we used all of our new skills and got to compete against our friends.
I learnt how to pivot and defend the ball properly using the jump stop.  I am going to practise these skills in our P.E lessons.  I also learnt how to run properly to build up my speed quickly.
Once again thank you very much for taking time to teach us basketball skills and  techniques.  We hope to see you again soon.
Yours Sincerely
Sila and Room 20

Check out these links to see us practicing our skills in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hCMCgSLRHY&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn6oz5v3PCk&feature=youtu.be


No comments:

Post a Comment