Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Room 18



Talofa Lava, Kia Ora, Kia Orana, Fakaalofa Lahi Atu, Taloha ni, Malo e lelei, and thank you for checking out our blog. Room 18 have sooooo much to share with you Whanau…


We have been learning about CULTURAL IDENTITY this term.
O ai a’u? Who am I?
 
I statements…

“I understand that my parents left Samoa for a good future”
 “I believe in God”
“I am an awesome Softball player”
 “I hope for the best future ever”
“I am proud to be Samoan”






For Visual Art this term we explored
Robyn Kahukiwa’s AMAZING art work and used her work to help us create our own self-portraits.

Can you find your brother, sister or friends artwork? Go on, have a guess!

 


Remember to come and visit us in Room 18 to check if your guess was correct!



Our Key competency focus this term is
RELATING TO OTHERS....

Our team challenge was to take on a ‘Fashion Design Team’ role and work together to design and model the most creative WEARABLE RUBBISH BAG OUTFIT. Yes, you read correctly a RUBBISH BAG OUTFIT! What do you think of our outfits?
 
 Fashion Team: New York      
 
 
Fashion Team: Rome


 Fashion Team: Samoa      
                              
 
  Fashion Team: Paris
 
 Runway Models: Joseph, Saumotu, Hannese, Denise


We have had a busy term  and can't wait to see what's coming up in term 2!
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment